Two FAW meetings: Our writers club holds two different meetings each month. The one described on this page is our regular meeting, which is held on the fourth Tuesday of each month. (Except for our Christmas dinner, which is on the third Tuesday in December.)
Our other meeting is a workshop, which is held on the second Monday of each month. No regular club business is conducted during our workshop sessions. See our “Writing Workshop“ page for details on those.
Previous: Last month, Dr. Rebecca Foster gave a presentation about her two books and her work as a clairvoyant/medium. 12 people attended. Thanks, Dr. Foster.
Our December Meeting
Brief: FAW Christmas, Tues. 12/17/2019, 5 pm / 6 pm, Faros Restaurant.
Date: Tuesday night, December 17, 2019.
Location: Faros Family Restaurant.
Address: 131 North Pioneer (Frontage) Road, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935.
Invited: All FAW members, former members, and their guests. Alumni are especially invited; it’s always fun to catch up with old friends.
Club membership is required, however anyone can pay the $2 dues at the dinner.
Purpose: Celebrate the holidays and get to know other writers.
Cost: “Dutch Treat.” Each person pays for his or her own drinks and meal.
Bring: A lightly used book, DVD or Blu-Ray for our Christmas gift exchange.
5:00 pm: Social / Cocktail hour.
6:00 pm: Supper.
- Left / Right game. Prizes donated by Betty Boehrig. Script written by Linus Doll.
- Gift exchange.
Here are some details on our upcoming events for our FAW club:
January: Tuesday, 1/28/2020: Author M. Paul Hollander will talk about the genre of Historical Fiction and his four books:
- “Lost Lady: The Lady Elgin Tragedy“ 2018.
- “Curse of Atlantis: Jamestown” 2015.
- “Curse of Atlantis: Plymouth Rock” 2015.
- “Curse of Atlantis: Roanoake” 2014.
February: Tuesday, 2/25/2020: Author Thomas Cannon of Oshkosh will talk about his four books.
- “The Tao of Apathy,” 2013.
- “Downriver,” 2017.
- “The Battered Suitcase,” 2009.
- “A Cup of Comfort for Parents of Children with Autism,” 2007.
April: Tuesday, 4/28/2020: Author Nicole Valle will speak about her three books:
- “The Legend of See Bird: The Last Long Drive.” 2012.
- “The Legend of See Bird: Devil’s Backbone,” 2015.
- “Good Night, Sweet Dreams,” 2013.
- “The Seventh Cruise,” 2016.
- “Up Harvey’s Creek,” 2017.
- “Fare Thee Well, Harvey’s Creek,” 2018.
Questions, concerns, and/or suggestions: Please contact John Silah. Call # (920) 923-1918 – home, or # (920) 251-9586 – cellular. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about our club will be posted on our social site on the Internet, which is our Facebook page (search “Fond du Lac Writers.“)